Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Biking with Blake


Biking downriver with Allen Ginsberg playing through my iPod.  It's the "Nurses Song", by Blake, and he's on that latter, children's chorus section. 
And all the hills echo-ed.
 
It's Allan Ginsberg's voice singing the children's part, but he's singing it through effects so it's actually twenty Allan Ginsbergs singing the children's part, in this smooth kind of harmony. 
And all the hills echo-ed.
 
Heading up river are these kids.  They belong to a school somewhere, and they're running. I'm passing these clusters of kids in twos and threes and fours, and they're running north.   
And all the hills echo-ed.
 
I'm biking past them, literally a flow of kids, heading against the current. 
 And all the hills echo-ed.

As I'm going along, with the voices of the children singing Blake in my ears, and visions of these kids running upriver past me, it creates an image that's cinematic.  
And all the hills echo-ed.
 
I can almost envision a camera on the other side of the river, following my movement in one long slow fluid take, of this bicyclist going downriver to the sounds of Blake, swimming against this stream of kids. 






On the turntable:  Banco de Gaia, "Pro.File 1"
On the nighttable:  Lian Hearn  "Grass for his Pillow"

No comments: