Friday, June 29, 2007

NE Sketches

VERMONT
We've descended on this small town like the Invasion of the Prana People.

Once again, I find myself unable to understand the newest uses of English--last of my tribe.

Watching pigeons chase each other around; animal courtship is like third graders--pinches, nips, and hair pulls.

Schoolbus passes by, each window filled with an unhappy face.

A company truck for a shredding company; has it really come to this?

A feline called "Pissy Cat."

Summer breeze and long shadows define the summer evenings of my youth.


CHICAGO
My deaf seatmate on the plane lipreads the DVD on my laptop.

The gentle curves of the Great Lakes like a woman, like a cello.

O'Hare's ethnic diversity startles after weeks in white Vermont

A young dude's pants pulled so low in back that you can almost hear the wind whistling through the asscrack.

Descent into Phoenix heat like bumping down stairs on your behind.


On the turntable: Big Black, "Hammer Party"
On the nighttable: Aaron Cometbus, "Chicago Stories"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope your trip went well! sorry i didn't get a chance to see you in vermont. :)